Monday, June 28, 2010

A HITCH-HIKER IN THE 36th BUENOS AIRES INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR



I briefly Interrupted my hitch-hiking trip from Argentina to Greenland in order to take part of the 36th Buenos Aires International Book Fair. Having reached Sucre in the roof of a Nissan truck carrying 43 pigs I received a callof my editors requesting my presence in the venue. It seems the first edition is gone and 2,000 more copies have been printed. For the first time in my life after ten years of self-publishing and selling around my small photocopied books I have the chance to sign copies of this fresh 350 pages edition of "Vagabonding in the Axis of Evil - By thumb in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan" (Spanish version edited by Del Nuevo Extremo Publishing Group). To get hold of a copy from outside Argentina you can order it online from my online shop




Five months ago I had received this nice parcel at home. How not to recall that what now is a book was once a collection of scribbled notebooks, records of rides, interviews, CDs with pictures and a bunch of ideas. These were my first 20 complementary copies. The 1,980 books pending were in the bookshelves nationwide!





Ad poster distributed by the publishers.

No comments: